When online gambling started to develop who could predict that one day players would be able to play their favorite games on the go. Today mobile apps are a normal thing for lots of people. With smart phones using Apple iOS or Android users can download thousands of useful applications. Among them are lots of mobile gambling apps and software. This surely presents the future of gambling. We need to look a little bit more back in time to see the real reason of the mobile gambling success today. It is known that online gambling had a big part in the evolution of Internet bandwidth and gaming software. So these two things became a cornerstone for developing a successful mobile gaming market in the future.
Why Do Casinos Have Mobile Applications
Almost every casino today has made a version of their site or a special application that can open on mobile devices. The reason for this is that in this way people can spend even more time in front of the online gambling site. You can do anything with your phone: create a casino site account, create a bank account, transfer money, download gambling manuals, wager money on your favorite gambling games, etc.
Future Of Mobile Applications
In the near future we can see these types of applications taking over the online gambling market. The reason for this is the fun factor. It is really enjoyable to gamble with real money using your phone or tablet device. Also, scientific research shows that mobile gambling has an exponential growth rate in recent times. Maybe one day there will be only mobile gaming available. This sounds strange, but just think how strange was to put a dime online on gambling events and games just 15 years ago.
Gambling on sports is any wager on a sport event. The odds are offered by a bookmaker that pays out any potential winnings. Today online sport wagering is one of the most popular gambling types. The offer made by online bookmakers varies from polo to soccer. Most popular bets in Europe are connected with soccer while in the US players like to place bets on American sport leagues (NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB). Horse and hound races are also popular worldwide.
Today the online betting has developed so much that you can find over 100 markets for only one event. For example, you can bet which team will have the first throw in when soccer is played or even name the manner of how the first goal will be scored.
There are three types of odds in sports gambling: European format that uses decimal numbers, UK format uses fractions and American format also referred as money line odds. The even bet is a term that means that you will double your money on a bet; with European odds it is presented as 2.00, with the UK format it is presented as 1/1 and with the US format it is a 100 or .100.
Types of Bets
There is a big number of bets available, especially at online bookmakers, but most common are:
- Straight Bets Ã¢Â€Â“ All bets made against the spread. This means that you are betting on a team to win the game with a certain predetermined difference. For example, if the bet is -3.5 points -Name of Team- this means that the team that you have wagered on needs to cover a spread of 3.5 points. Your bet is a winner if the team wins with more than 3 points because there are no half points in sports.
- Proposition bets Ã¢Â€Â“ Betting on a correct outcome of a sports event. For example, guessing the correct score in soccer match. This is a very popular type of bet in UK gambling circles.
- Parlays Ã¢Â€Â“ Tickets with multiple event bets. Usually the maximum number of events is 12. The odd of each event multiplies with each other. Professional gamblers don’t use this system that often because the chances of winning are slimmer.
- Progressive parlays Ã¢Â€Â“ Increases the chances of winning but the odds are smaller. For example, you put a 8 out of 12 parlay. This means that even if you miss 4 bets you will still make a winning. Sometimes players get even with these types of bets. Very popular among novice players in online gambling.
- If bets Ã¢Â€Â“ Combination of two bets for the same event. For example, a player to score a goal and his team to win.
- Run line, puck line or goal line bets Ã¢Â€Â“ Number of points scored in a game also known as Over/Under bets in sports gambling.
Secure Gambling is very important
Before talking if online gambling is secure we need to address the possible risks when wagering real money at an online gambling site. Some of the most common security problems with all online gambling sites include:
- Third parties hacking your account, so they can use it for their own purposes. Techniques include phishing, spyware or self-revealing.
- Fake websites with fraudulent nature.
- Fake bonuses or higher payout promises made by the same sites in order to lure players.
- Gambling addiction. The player is the only one responsible for this problem.
- Credit card fees and charges. Some companies see this as a cash transaction so various fees can be added when wagering money online.
- Social network effect. When playing live at online gambling sites it presents the most unsafe way of communication with other players.
Steps to Secure Your Online Gambling Experience
Here we will look into few steps that will make your online gambling experience safer than before. Here are few things that you should try:
- Research the gambling site before making any transactions with real money to your online account. Probably you will get the best advice from a friend that has used their services in the past. After that check out the web for information but use only proven sites such as Planet 7 casino.
- Use sites that are based in your country or near. You will get faster transactions and support on your language or one similar with yours.
- Learn the rules of the game that you want to play and read carefully the terms and conditions of the potential bonuses you want to retain.
- Try not to reveal personal information when choosing your username which is visible to everyone.
- Combine letters, numbers and capitalization when creating your password.
- Play few hands for free of the game you want to proceed playing at the online casino. This doesn’t make it only more secure for you, but you will get needed practice.
- Be sure that the link of the site is secure before making any money deposits at the online gambling site.
- Log out before you leave the casino.
- Check your bank statements every week to make sure that there are no additional amounts withdrawn by the gambling site without your knowledge.